Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The "Welcome" Post

My name is Julia (bookwormj) 
I have been an avid reader since, ya know, I could read! I went through a sad phase in high school of not reading for fun during the school year, I was busy in a pre-professional dance company and in school of course. 
BUT NOW 
I am reading like crazy again, I'm frequenting my college and local libraries more than I care to share, and I am excited to start this CHAPTER (book puns ftw) of my life :) 

Lets be honest, the easiest way to learn more about me is to know what books I've read. I'm gonna list here some books that really stuck with me, ones I still think about or immediately recommend to people. Yes, most of them are juvenile fiction, I hope to get into some more adult-y books this year but let's not discredit the AMAZINGNESS that is children's fiction. On with the list...
Top 10 Books That Stuck With Me:
(In no particular order because I don't have life THAT together) 
1. The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
2. Harry Potter Series by J. K. Do I Even Have To Tell You
3. Matilda by Roald Dahl
4. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
5. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
6. The Series of Unfortunate Events Series by Lemony Snicket
7. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
8. The Help by Katheryn Stockett
9. The 100 Dresses by Eleanor Estes
10. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

Happy Reading
~J
photo cred: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/German_American_Kids_Bookshelf.JPG

0 comments:

Post a Comment